We’re on a mission to be a little more green & we want you to be a part of it! Head instore throughout August and get involved in our Be A Little Greener campaign. With every purchase you’ll receive a free cheat sheet with tips to be greener and a pick from our exclusive discount wall.
Whether you’re starting today or you’re already in-the-know here’s some steps we can all take towards healthy, thoughtful living:
– BYO coffee cup & reusable waterbottle. Most takeaway coffee cups have a plastic coating that means they aren’t recyclable and end up being a huge contributor to landfill!
– Shop with re-usable bags at the super- market and track down the plastic bag recycling facilities at your local super- markets. Start today by grabbing one of our Foundation totes instore!
– Learn more about the state of the planet and what you can do to help by watching some of our favourite documentaries: Cowspiracy, War on Waste, Before the Flood, Forks over Knives, Minimalism and Food Inc.
– Find out what your local council allows in your Recycling Bin. You’d be surprised at the amount of things that you can’t put in there and it’s different for every area.
– Livestock production is known to have significant environmental impact. Give Meat Free Mondays a try, a great way to get more vegetables in your diet and a chance to try some of the delicious recipes on our blog.
– Recycling doesn’t stop with the bin at home. Take unwanted items to the op shop, even light bulbs, laptops and mobile phones can all be recycled at designated recycling centers.
– Shop farmers markets and local health food stores, buy earth-friendly cleaning products, detergents, soaps, toothpaste and deodorant to avoid harmful chemicals.
– Grow your own worm farm or compost and start a veggie box or herb box at home. Approximately half of all household waste is organic and can be used to develop nutrient rich soil for gardening.
– Swap car travel for walking, public transport or riding a bike. We prefer the active options but all of these help to limit the amount of emissions we are responsible for every day!