Many coffee lovers are now ditching their morning cup for an antioxidant-boosting Matcha. Made from ground green tea leaves, it has more than 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea. The very clever Fit Foodie has added them to some healthy popsicles. Enjoy!
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES (Plus 2 hrs Freezing)
⅔ cup coconut cream*
1 teaspoon Matcha green tea powder (see tip)
3 teaspoons rice malt syrup or
8 drops liquid stevia
75g 90% dark chocolate, melted
2 tablespoons pistachios, roughly chopped
Mint leaves and extra matcha, to garnish (optional)
* For a lighter option, use coconut milk or unsweetened nut milk.
1. Add coconut cream, matcha powder and sweetener of choice to a bowl or blender and whisk or blend until smooth.
2. In a popsicle mould, pour in the mixture evenly leaving a small gap at the top for expansion. You can tap your mould on a hard surface to knock out any air bubbles.
3. Pop in the freezer to set briefly, before adding the popsicle sticks (they should be able to stand upright).
4. Put back in the freezer for a few hours or until completely set.
5. Remove from moulds, drizzle with chocolate, top with pistachios, mint and a little extra matcha and enjoy!
Health hack: Sub half the coconut cream for plain Greek yoghurt. You’ll amp up the protein for muscle-repair and satiety.
Tip: I use Matcha Maiden matcha powder, available from health food stores and online.