PREP TIME 10 MINUTES (plus freezing)
– 3 bananas
– 1 cup 90% dark chocolate or leftover basic raw chocolate
– 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
Topping ideas: ½ cup chopped nuts (such as hazelnuts, pistachios), shredded coconut,
Garnish: rose petals, cacao nibs, caramel sauce (recipe below), tahini, orange rind, matcha green tea powder, bee pollen
1. Line a baking tray or large plate with baking paper.
2. Peel the bananas and cut them in half widthwise.
3. Push a popsicle stick into each banana half from the flat cut side.
4. Melt the chocolate however you like, then dip in the bananas or drizzle the chocolate over the bananas.
5. Sprinkle each banana pop with your fave topping idea so that they stick to the chocolate.
6. Place the pops on the baking paper, then drizzle with tahini (if using).
7. Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
Workout buddy: Bananas protect against muscle cramps during workouts by fuelling your body with potassium. Eat one before a sweat sesh for a hit of energy.
¼ cup coconut milk
¼ cup rice malt syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or
Natural vanilla essence
Make the sauce by placing the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens and becomes golden. Cool.