Transport yourself to Fantasyland with these delicious toasties from the beautiful Taline of Hippie Lane…
Serves 2, 20 mins, VGN, DF, GF, RSF
I have an obsession with colour, especially pastels. I’ve been having heaps of fun with cashew cream flavours and this is the result of one of my play dates… fantasy toast! A quick blend of cashews, fruit and superfood powders and you have yourself a beautiful colour palette. Spread on toast, top with fruit and nuts, and you’re in fantasy land – my kinda place!
4 pieces of gluten free wholegrain toast*
2 cups (300g) cashews, soaked (4+ hours)
½ cup (120ml) coconut oil
¾ cup (180ml) coconut / almond milk
¾ cup (180ml) rice malt syrup
½ tsp vanilla powder or extract
1 tbsp coconut butter, softened
1 tbsp raspberries
½ tsp blue spirulina
1 fig, sliced
½ banana, cut in little star shapes (optional)
1 tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
Sprinkle of superfood powders (optional)
- Drain and rinse cashews, then process with coconut oil, coconut milk and rice malt. The nuts must be broken down and filling should be smooth so keep processing until you reach a smooth consistency. You can use a blender or a food processor, both will work.
- Fold through vanilla and coconut butter and pulse till well combined and creamy.
- Pour contents into 4 separate bowls.
- Add contents of one of the bowls back into the processor, add blackberries and pulse.** Colour should be purple!
- Pour purple contents back into bowl, rinse processor and add contents of one of the other bowls.
- Add raspberries and pulse. Colour should be pink!
- Pour pink contents back into bowl, rinse processor and add contents of one of the other bowls.
- Add mango and pulse. Colour should be yellow!
- Pour yellow contents back into bowl.
- Stir blue spirulina through the last bowl of contents and the colour should be blue.
- Toast your bread, spread colourful spreads randomly and generously over toast, top with fig, banana stars and pistachio nuts. Sprinkle with superfood powders (optional) and serve!
*I have my favourite gluten free loaf recipe in the Breakfast ‘Rise + Shine” add on.
**Since the contents of each are small in quantity, avoid using a large size blender or processor for this step as it will not blend effectively. I recommend using a small blender or processor with smallest processing bowl so that the fruit and cashew cream blends with ease.
Follow Taline: @talinegabriel
Download the app: Hippie Lane