Warm up with this delicious dish from Panaceas Pantry.
1 thin wedge of a large pumpkin, skin on
1 brown onion
4-6 cloves garlic
1/2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 mins
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2-1 cup vegan stock
Small handful fresh sage leaves, chopped finely
Good few punches of nutmeg
1 tbsp tapioca starch (optional- just used to thicken the sauce)
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Roughly cut up pumpkin into cubes, and wedge the onion. Place both, and the peeled garlic cloves, on a baking tray (with olive oil, or on a non stick mat) and bake for 20-25 mins, or until soft and delicious.
3. Add cooked vegetables to a high-speed blender. Drain cashews, and add to the blender, along with remaining ingredients. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
4. Cook your pasta as per packet instructions. While it’s on the boil, add sauce to a saucepan and heat over a medium flame, whisking through out. This will allow the sauce to thicken (and whisking will stop any clumps forming).
5. Serve while hot with sautéed mushroom and greens + hemp hearts.
Follow Kath & Jade at Panaceas Pantry: